Goat Farming Project Report:
The following write up is about “Goat Farming Project Report”.
Goat Farming Project Report- Introduction to Goat Farming Project:- Well, anyone who wants to start a commercial goat farming should have basic knowledge of goat farming set up and running cost and net profits. It is very important to read any kind goat project report to understand the components and implement at your farm. This project report also gives you a rough idea of one time set up cost and yearly running cost. You can analyse the report for further optimization for good profits in goat farming. The following goat farming report can be used as Boer goat farming project report or Osmanabadi goat farming project report or Jamunapari goat farming project report or Beetal goat farming project or Surti goat farming project report or Black Bengal goat farming project report or Beetal goat farming project report though it shows the Sirohi goat model project. The inputs like cost of goats and feed intake will be different, you can apply goat cost and feed intake cost in the report and calculate for any goat breed project.
Goat Farming Project Report – Assumptions, Prerequisites and Suggestions:- The following are some of the assumptions and prerequisites and suggestions are considered while reading the report.
- This is a commercial goat farming project report which contains total of 150 female (Does) Sirohi goat breed and 6 male Sirohi goats (Bucks).
- Usually, any commercial goat farming takes 3 to 4 years to give you to the breakeven point. So please calculate the figures according to this plan.
- Though there is some capital cost involved in first year and profits are on negative side, subsequent years should get you into profit zone.
- We assume you already own the land hence land cost is not included. Proper location, road access, water facility are assumed.
- To grow your own green fodder for regular needs or silage needs, you must have fertile soil with proper irrigation. Buying goat feed is not advisable as it eats all of your profits.
- We assume of growth rate as 1:1 (male: female) and mortality rate (death rate) as 10% per each kidding or delivery.
- We assume, you have already visited other goat farms to study the goat fodder management and housing system, goat care and cascading male goats (bucks). Etc…
- Assume we are not adding any insurance for goats or personal vehicle You can include if you really want.
- We assume that the manure from livestock (goats) is being used for growing green fodder or selling out side for some extra income.
- Stylo, Dashrath, Hybrid Napier, African Tall, Sorghum, CO3, CO4, Lucern, Barseem, Molato, Gini Grass, and Subabul are best green fodder crops for goat farming project. You can make silage using the green fodder and use this nutritious silage in dry periods.
- Recommended dry fodders are; Maize /Corn, Barley and Peanut/Ground nut.
- Never sell or use goat milk for personal reasons. In goat breeding business, this milk is very important for goat kids at least for 3 months.
- It is a good idea of buying pregnant goats which can deliver kids in 45 to 60 days.
- We assume you don’t go to build an expensive goat house. We advise you to build a goat shed with minimal expenditure. Once you become successful in goat business, you can expand as per your requirement and wish.
- It is assumed that around 89% of the goats will always give kids.
- The goat farm will initially hold 150 female goats of Sirohi breed (Does) and 6 breeding bucks (male goats).
- Feeding cost of Goats is taken @ Rs. 4–5 Rs /goat / day
- It is assumed that goats give kids twice a year in which gestation period of 150 Days is considered.
- Under Stall Fed conditions, the ratio of kidding is assumed as 60% twinning, 38% singles and 2% of Triplets.
- Medical and vaccination of goats are assumed as 15 Rs /goat / year.
- We assume that Deworming of the goats are done for every 2 to 3 months.
Goat Farming Project Report – Capital Cost Required (One time):- Capital cost is needed only once after setting goat farming.
|S.No.||Details of Particulars.||Numbers required.||Cost (In Rs).||Total Cost|
|1||Capital Cost||150 (female pregnant goats)|
|6 Breeding Male Goats||6000/each||36,000|
|2||Shed For Goats||1||1,00,000||1,00,000|
|5||Cascader and Ear Tags. Etc.,||5,000||5,000|
|6||Cutter, Tanks, Mixer||5,000||5,000|
|7||Feed Cutting Machine (can get on subsidies under govt.program)||1||10,000||10,000|
|8||Feeders||15 (12 feet by 2 feet)||800||12,000|
|Total||10,00,000 (Ten lakhs Rupees)|
Goat Farming Project Report – Capital Cost Required ‘A’ = 10, 00,000 (Ten lakhs rupees).
Goat Farming Project Report – Running Cost (Yearly):-
|S.No.||Administration Items to Maintain.||Numbers.||Rate / Price (in RS).||Total Cost (in RS).|
|1||Senior Labor||1||6000 / month||72,000/year|
|2||Junior Labor||1||4000 / month|
|3||Fodder For 156 Goats||156||5/day/goat||2,84,700/year/for all goats|
|4||Vaccinations for 156 Goats||156||15/goat||2,340|
|6||Printing and Stationary||–||1,500||1,500|
Running Cost / Year ‘B’ = 4, 20,540; Round up to 4, 21,000 = 4, 21,000 (Four lakh 21 thousand rupees).
- Altai Mountain Goat Breed Profile, Characteristics
- Osmanabadi Goat Information Guide
- Dutch Landrace Goat Breed Profile, Characterstics
- Sahelian Goat Breed Profile, Characteristics
- Zalawadi Goat Breed Profile Information
- Goat Farming In Himachal Pradesh – A Complete Guide
- Surti Goat Breed information Guide
- Nigora Goat Characteristics and Profile Infromation
- Cashmere Goat Characterstics, Facts, Profile
- Goat Farming In Maharashtra Information
Note -2: We did not add any insurance for animals you can add 4 to 5% of animal cost.
Total Cost Of Goat Farming Project:-
Capital Cost (A) = 10, 00,000 (One Time, This can be used up to 350 goats)
Running Capital (B) = 4, 21,000 (Yearly)
Goat Farming Project Report – Total Cost (A + B) = 14, 21,000 (Fourteen lakh twenty one thousand rupees).
Note-3: There is an option for going to NABARD financing on your goat farm, contact any local agriculture bank for loans/subsides/financing. They direct you regarding this. You should fill a form about your project or submit a project report to the bank, a technical officer will evaluate the project and if you meet technical parameters, they may approve you finance.
Assume you get finance from NABARD.
Total Cost of Goat Farming Project = Rs. 14, 21,000
- Goat Farming Set Up Information For Beginners
- Nigerian Dwarf Goat Raising For Beginners
- Goat Farming in South Africa Information
- Bionda Dell’adamello Goat Facts, Profile, Characteristics
- Barbari Goat Farming Information Guide
- Winter Care of Goats – A Complete Guide
- Irish Goat Information For Beginners
- Goat Farming Questions and Answers
- Goat Farming in Andhra Pradesh Information
- Goat Raising Basics and Practices for Dummies
Margin Amount from You: 15% of Total Cost = Rs. 2, 13,150
Bank/NABARD Finance: 85% of Total Cost = Rs. 12, 07,850.
Goat Farming Project Report – Growth Rate Calculation:- Now let us calculate growth rate.
- 150 Pregnant Goats (Let’s assume, we bought pregnant goats and they give kids in 2 months period)
- When comes to kidding, assume 50% of twinning and 50% of singles.
- Male (Bucks) and Female (Does) Ration is 50:50.
- This Table is Only Growth Calculator and for Calculation of 2 Years.
- Assume mortality rate (death rate) @ 10%.
- Assume 89% of fertile goats which can always expected to give birth.
- As 2 months of interval is less in last months because 16 months of young female goats (does) are ready for kidding. At the age of 10 Months, female goats (Does) are ready for mating.
Goat Farming Project Report- Growth Calculation Table:-
|2439||1143||1296||243 / 250 = 493|
|1946||973||973||10% / 11%|
Goat Farming Project Report – Female Goats (Does) Feeding Cost:-
- Here Bucks (Male goats) feeding cost is not included.
- As we consider from 100 Bucks 80% Sale out at the Age of 6 to 8 months period.
- Rest of 20% goats feed schedule is different.
Goat Farming Project Report – Male Goats (Bucks) Feeding Cost:-
- All Bucks (Male goats) are sold out in 8 months period.
- Here 6 months feeding Cost is mentioned.
- As they live up-to two months on mothers milk (Colostrum).
Goat Farming Project Report – Revenue Report:-
|Revenue From Bucks (||8 months + EID goats)|
|779 Regular Goats||200 Rs/per/kg||Fresh weight of 25 kg. Avg.||38,95,000|
|194 Eid Goats||Rs.18,000 on avg. price||50 kg each||34,92,000|
Goat Farming Project Report – Stock Value Of Female Goats:-
|973||4000 Avg.||25-30 Kg./avg.||38,92,000|
Goat Farming Project Report – Total Revenue Report:-
- Less yearly expenses from running cost of 2 years. Here we did deduct the fodder cost.
- Fodder Cost is included in Diet Chart.
- Yearly expenses are running capital.
- Less return on capital expenses.
- Rate of interest is flat 12 % per annum and Return tenure is 10 yrs.
Goat Farming Project Report – Bottom Line: With proper feed management and goat business plan, one can be very much successful in commercial goat farming business.