Black Bengal Goat Farming Guide:
Introduction of Black Bengal Goat:- Black Bengal goat breed is a small-sized, meat type, early maturing, non-seasonal and prolific breed, in eastern and north eastern regions of India), Bangladesh and also in Pakistan. The Black Bengal goat breed is famous for its quality of meat and leather with high fecundity. Black Bengal goat is also mainly raised in neighboring Bangladesh. This goat breed is usually found in black color. However, you may also find with brown, gray or white colors.
Black Bengal Goat Description:- These breed of goats are small in size and the predominant coat colour is black; brown, grey and white are also found. The hair coat is short and lustrous. The nose line is slightly depressed. Both males and females have small to medium horns, directed upward and sometimes backward; average horn length: 6.4 cm. Beard is observed in both male and female goats of black Bengal. The ears of black Bengal goats are short, flat and carried horizontally.
Purpose of Black Bengal Goat Farming:- Black Bengal goats are grown primarily for meat , milk and skin.
Black Bengal Goat Breed Characteristics:-The following chart shows the Black Bengal goat characteristics.
|Size||Black Bengal Adult Male||Black Bengal Adult Female|
|Goat Body Weight (kg)||25-30||20-25|
|Goat Body Length (cm)||53.8 ± 0.72||54.8 ± 0.26|
Black Bengal Goat Advantages:- The following are the advantages of Black Bengal goat breed.
- Black Bengal goat can adapt to any environment easily and its disease preventive ability is very high.
- Black Bengal goat meat very tasty and huge demand for its skin.
- These Goats occupy very less space compared to other goat breeds.
- Black Bengal goats gain sexual maturity very fast and these breed female goats give birth twice a year and percentage of kidding more than twining is very common and usually gives birth to 3 to 4 kids in every delivery.
- Black Bengal goat breeds have fast growth and excellent feed conversion ratio and will gain heavy weight in short time with proper feed and nutrition.
- These goat breeds are helpful in reducing unemployment in rural areas.
Black Bengal Goat Farming Tips:- The following tips are for Black Bengal goat farmers who just want to start a goat farm in small scale or large scale.
- Goat Farming In Manipur Information
- Kota Goat Farming (Karoli) Information Guide
- Angora Goat Farming and Characteristics
- Goat Farming Profit Tips For Beginners
- Goat Farming in Saudi Arabia Information
- Goat Farming in Sri Lanka Information
- Meat Goat Farming Business Information
- Damascus Goat Farming Information Guide
- Goat Farming in South Africa Information
- Goat Terminology and Identifying Sick Goats
- When you are planning for commercial Black Bengal goat farming, visit nearest farms to know ins and outs of Black Bengal goat characteristics.
- Buy Black Bengal goats only from certified animal breeders.
- Watch you tube videos and read any articles related to Black Bengal goats.
- Select quality Black Bengal male goats and good reproductive Black Bengal female goats for breeding.
- Should prepare a proper goat farming business plan before implementing goat farming business.
- Timely vaccinations in Black Bengal goats will reduce the mortality rate and improve the output.
- Provide clean water and feed on time for proper development of goat growth.
- Isolate the sick Black Bengal animals from the goat flock as soon as possible.
- Should act quickly with any unexpected diseases in Black Bengal goat farming.
- Have a proper plan of marketing Black Bengal goats. This plan should be prepared well before starting the Black Bengal goat farming.
Black Bengal Goat Breeding:- When you are planning for commercial breeding of Black Bengal goats, it is better to consider various factors when planning the breeding cycle of Black Bengal goats:
- Fodder/Feed flow and feed availability.
- Natural estrus cycle of the Black Bengal goats.
- Market cycle.
- Marketing date and personal management factors.
The reproduction rate of Black Bengal goats is one of the most beneficial characteristics for the meat producer or milk producer. Black Bengal goats are very profile breeders and usually kid twice in a year with a high rate of prolificacy. Twinning and above (3 and sometimes 4 kids in one delivery) is common in in Black Bengal goat reproduction cycle. There are various factors which affect the reproduction percentage of the ewes which are listed below.
- Goat Farming In Kenya Information
- African Pygmy Goat Profile and Farming
- Goat Farming In Kashmir Information
- Winter Care of Goats – A Complete Guide
- Goat Fodder Information For Beginners
- Goat Farming In Manipur Information
- Goat Raising Basics and Practices for Dummies
- Spanish Goat Breed Profile Information
- Nigora Goat Characteristics and Profile Infromation
- Golden Guernsey Goat Characteristics, Profile, and Facts
- Season of breeding.
- Age of animal.
- Body mass.
- Feed and nutrition.
Mass Mating: One male (Buck) per 25 to 30 ewes. One should make sure that the mating the young ewes happen separately from the mature ewes.
Single Mating in Black Bengal Goat Farming: One male (ram) per 45 to 50 ewes. With regard to the above, it is very important to keep male goats (rams) in small shady camps during hot periods with a small amount of growing supplement and Male Black Bengal goats (rams) should only be let loose among ewes during the evening. This system works particularly well in cases where goats are penned at night.
Artificial insemination in Black Bengal Goat Farming:- Well, there is an option for artificial insemination in any goat breeding. Contact local animal husbandry for more information.
Black Bengal Goat Housing:- Goat housing should be secured especially, when you are going for stall fed Black Bengal goat farming. The place opted for the farming should be dry and free from any pests. The shed/house floor should be cleaned daily to make the house neat and clean. Proper ventilation should be maintained for preventing any diseases and airflow. Supply of clean water will reduce many diseases in Black Bengal goat farming.
Black Bengal Goat Price:- Goat price depends on many factors like breed, age, season and region. However, commercial breeders can bargain for best price. The Black Bengal goats which are cross bred with local goats may cost less. If the goats are bought in flocks, one can get cheaper prices.
- Arapawa Goat Facts, Profile, and Characteristics
- Pygmy Goat Care – 9 Things To Remember
- Stall Fed Goat Farming Information
- Sirohi Goat Breed Profile Information Guide
- Goat Farming In Madhya Pradesh Information
- Peacock Goat Characteristics and Profile Infromation
- Dera Din Panah Goat Characteristics, Facts, Profile
- Indian Goat Breeds Information Guide
- Goat Farming In Gujarat Information For Beginners
- Goat Feed Management Information
Bottom Line of Black Bengal Goat Farming:- Black Bengal goat is an excellent breed for commercial meat, milk and skin production. Goat farmers can get huge profits with this breed since these Black Bengal goats have excellent reproduction rate.