Barbari Goat Farming Guide:
The following write up explains about Barabari goat farming in India.
Introduction of Barbari Goat :- Barbari goat breeds are found in in the districts of Rajasthan, Agra and Aligarh districts of U.P (Uttar Pradesh, and Bharatpur).
Barbari Goat Description:- Barbari goats are small animals with compact body. There is wide variation in coat color, but white with small light brown patches is the most common. Ears are short, tubular, and almost double with the slit opening in front, erect, directed upward and outward. Both male Barbari and Female Barbari goats have twisted horns, medium in length and directed upward and backward. This breed horn length is about 12cm. Male Barbari goats have a large thick beard.
Purpose of Barbari Goat Farming:- Barbari goats are grown primarily for meat.
Barbari Goat Breed Characteristics:-The following chart shows the Barbari goat characteristics.
- Sojat Goat Breed Information Guide
- Commercial Goat Farming Information Guide
- Barbari Goat Farming Information Guide
- Dairy Goat Farming Information Guide
- Goat Farming In Punjab Information
- Goat Farming Information For Beginners
- Goat Farming In Nepal For Beginners
- Goat Farming In Uttar Pradesh Information Guide
- Bakri Palan (Goat Farming) For Beginners
- Goat Farming In Odisha Information For Beginners
|Size||Barbari Male||Barbari Female|
|Goat Body Weight||38 kg||23 kg|
|Goat Body Length||65 cm||75 cm|
Barbari Goat Breed Advantages:- The following are the advantages of Barbari goat breed.
- Barbari goat breeds are adaptable to all types of climates from hot tropical to cold climates in the world.
- Barbari goat breeds have fast growth and excellent feed conversion ratio and will gain heavy weight in short time with proper feed and nutrition.
- In Barbari goats, one can expect high twinning percentage.
- The other advantage of these goats is that they can produces very good crossbreeds with local goats in India.
Barbari Goat Farming Tips:- The following tips are for Barbari goat farmers who just want to start a goat farm in small scale or large scale.
- Silage Making Steps in Goat Farming
- Goat Farming in South Africa Information
- Broiler Goat Rearing Information Guide
- Goat Kids Care and Management For Beginners
- Goat Farming In Bihar Information and Tips
- Goat Fattening Information For Beginners
- Peacock Goat Characteristics and Profile Infromation
- Sangamneri Goat Farming Information Guide
- Verata Goat Characteristics, Facts, Profile Information
- Surti Goat Breed information Guide
- When you are planning for commercial Barbari goat farming, visit nearest farms to know ins and outs of Barbari goat characteristics.
- Buy Barbari goats only from certified animal breeders.
- Watch you tube videos and read any articles related to Barbari goats.
- Select quality male goat and good reproductive female goat for breeding.
- Should prepare a proper goat farming business plan before implementing goat farming business.
- Timely vaccinations in Barbari goats will reduce the mortality rate and improve the output.
- Provide clean water and feed on time for proper development of goat growth.
- Isolate the sick animals from the goat flock as soon as possible.
- Should act quickly with any unexpected diseases in goat farming.
- Have a proper plan of marketing Barbari goats. This plan should be prepared well before starting the Barbari goat farming.
Barbari Goat Breeding:- When you are planning for commercial breeding of Barbari goats, It is better to consider various factors when planning the breeding cycle of Barbari goats:
- Fodder flow and feed availability.
- Natural estrus cycle of the Barbari goats.
- Market cycle.
- Marketing date and personal management factors.
The reproduction rate of Barbari goats is one of the most beneficial characteristics for the meat producer. Barbari goats are very profile breeders and usually kid twice in 14 to 16 months with a high rate of prolificacy. Twinning is common in in Barbari goat reproduction cycle. There are various factors which affect the reproduction percentage of the ewes which are listed below.
- Season of breeding.
- Age of animal.
- Body mass.
- Feed and nutrition.
- Mass Mating: One male (Buck) per 25 to 30 ewes. One should make sure that the mating the young ewes happen separately from the mature ewes.
- Single Mating: One male (ram) per 45 to 50 ewes.
- With regard to the above, it is very important to keep male goats (rams) in small shady camps during hot periods with a small amount of growing supplement and Male Barbari goats (rams) should only be let loose among ewes during the evening. This system works particularly well in cases where goats are penned at night.
- Artificial insemination:- Well, there is an option for artificial insemination in any goat breeding. Contact local animal husbandry for more information.
Barbari Goat Housing:- Goat housing should be secured especially, when you are going for stall fed Barbari goat farming. The shed/house floor should be cleaned daily to make the house neat and clean. Proper ventilation should be maintained for preventing any diseases and airflow.
Barbari Goat Price:- Goat price depends on many factors like breed, age, season and region. However, commercial breeders can bargain for best price. The Barbari goats which are cross bred with local goats may cost less. If the goats are bought in flocks, one can get cheaper prices.
- Changthangi Goat Farming Information Guide
- Goat Farming in Rajasthan Information
- Goat Farming In Nepal For Beginners
- Pregnant Goat Care Information Guide
- Golden Guernsey Goat Characteristics, Profile, and Facts
- Goat Diseases and Their Treatment Information
- Hydroponic Fodder System For Goats
- Goat Farming Project Report Information
- Jamunapari Goat Breed Information Guide
- Sarda Goat Profile and Farming Information
Bottom Line of Barbari Goat Farming:- Barbari goat is an excellent breed for commercial meat and breeding. Goat farmers can get huge profits with this breed since these Barbari goats gain good weight in short span of time.